Vitamix Smoothie Recipes

I recently purchased a Vitamix blender, primarily to make smoothies. Please share your favorite VEGETABLE and FRUIT smoothie recipes. Also, if you can recommend a website that has lots of good smoothie recipes or tips that would be helpful, too. Thank you!

Stephanie G. December 14, 2018
These are my usuals:
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 TBS nut butter
1 TBS raw cacao powder
1 cup greens (spinach, chard, kale is ok but has strong taste)
2 dates

or

1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 TBS of lemon juice or more to taste
1 1/2 cups cashew milk or almond milk
1 handful cashews or cashew butter or almond butter
2 dates

or, lastly,
1 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/4 orange juice or apple juice, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 cup milk of choice, 2 dates and a squeeze of honey to taste.

Trena H. December 14, 2018
Thanks, Stephanie! I'll give these a try.

violist December 14, 2018
When I purchased my Vitamix, I went to YouTube and entered Vitamix smoothies in the search area. There’s a vast variety of ideas, and some interesting techniques on how to use your Vitamix.

Trena H. December 14, 2018
Excellent idea! Thanks, violist.

Stacy I. December 14, 2018
my secret source? I usually "steal" the recipes from my local smoothie/juice bars. I tend to dial down the sweetness or omit overly sweet/indulgent ingredients.
A current favorite- coconut water, kale or spinach, frozen banana, flaked unsweetened coconut, fresh mint. (a handful of each)
sometimes I'll use frozen pineapple instead of banana. Other times I throw in a scoop of vanilla protein powder.

Trena H. December 14, 2018
Stacy - I love your ideas! Thank you.

702551 December 14, 2018
Surprised that there are no recipes on the Vitamix corporate website.

That would seem like the first online place to investigate.

Trena H. December 14, 2018
Did my answer state that I didn't research the Vitamix corporate website? Oh no, it didn't say that. "Are you channeling your best self with this comment?" Perhaps you might want to investigate the Code of Conduct for the hotline. Your snarky comments are unhelpful and unappreciated.

702551 December 14, 2018
The reason I made this suggestion is because in many situations (not just here at Food52), someone asks about an appliance or processed ingredient without consulting the manufacturer’s website.

I have made this suggestion before here and elsewhere and more frequently than not, the original poster did not consult those resources.

Of course sometimes I foolishly forget myself and don’t alway check. No one is perfect.

Anyhow, enjoy your new device and happy holidays.

Nancy December 13, 2018
Trena...congratulations on your new machine! Hope you get lots of good use out of it.
Have two suggestions, if they interest you.
One is called something like Spring Refresher, but really it's a master recipe for use year round...a bit of leafy green, some watery fruit or veg, some protein like tahini and some concentrated fruit.
The other are 2 or 3 books I used when I was learning to make smoothies and developed my palate for them. Formats may now include ebook.
If tou are interested in either or both, I'll send more info.

Trena H. December 14, 2018
Thank you, Nancy! I'm excited to use it. I got in on a sale that was too good to pass up. The Spring Refresher recipe that you've shared is precisely what I'm looking for. If you have them handy, please do share the books you like. Thanks!

Nancy December 14, 2018
Trena - here they are. Enjoy. Keep in mind that frozen fruit is a big help (rather than diluting with lots of ice & water).
Smoothie recipe. I regularly include the first 3 parts (cuke/watermelon; green veg; fruit or sweet veg). Only sometimes add super food and/or extra liquid.
meghantelpner.com/blog/the-green-smoothie-formula-2/
Books whose recipes I've used and liked (1st is available in kindle, others appear not):
1) https://www.amazon.com/Super-Smoothies-Reference-Recipes-Health-ebook/dp/B002SXOL5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544789347&sr=8-1&keywords=barber%2C+smoothies
2) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A3WVZY/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i3
3) https://www.amazon.com/Smoothies-Bible-Pat-Crocker/dp/0778802418/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1544789435&sr=1-6&keywords=pat+crocker

Trena H. December 14, 2018
Nancy - Thank you!