A question about a recipe: 5-Ingredient Molasses Cookie

I have a question about the recipe "5-Ingredient Molasses Cookie" from Caroline Wright. Do you think this dough could be left in the fridge for a few days? I'd like to bake them Wednesday and was thinking of mixing the dough on Saturday or Sunday

• Posted by: C
  • December 14, 2018
171f5732 e85d 412a aae3 370999844c98  2018 1127 simple riffable molasses cookies 3x2 rocky luten 016
Recipe question for: 5-Ingredient Molasses Cookie

Lori Terwilliger
Lori Terwilliger December 14, 2018

I don't see any reason why it couldn't hang out in the refrigerator a few days before baking. You would need to let it warm to room temperature before shaping and baking, but otherwise it might even make the cookies taste better by having time for your spice blend to fully bloom.

Amy
Amy December 15, 2018

I freeze cookie dough all the time, so you could even pre-scoop them and freeze on a cookie sheet. Then put them in a ziploc and then just pull out how many dough balls you need when you are ready to bake them. I bake them from frozen, but I have a commercial oven at work. Maybe let them come to room temp, on the tray, before baking.