A question about a recipe: Homemade Alcoholic Ginger Beer

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Alcoholic Ginger Beer" from Catherine Lamb. What brand and strain of yeast is used as I cannot find anything that makes sense

• Posted by: Zech
  • January 24, 2019
836d6b22 5be6 4074 b54d 7f503bfe5429  14
Recipe question for: Homemade Alcoholic Ginger Beer

boulangere January 24, 2019

Look in your area for a home brew shop. They should be able to easily help you.

Zech
Zech January 24, 2019

thing is he is never open and no hours posed anywhere

marcellatp
marcellatp January 24, 2019

Red Star makes a champagne yeast that is readily available online if you can't find it locally and your local brew shop is uncooperative. If you prefer to not order online perhaps your local red star bread yeast carrying grocery store would be willing to order some for you. Always worth asking the manager.

boulangere January 25, 2019

It is unfortunate that your local home brew store is not reliable. My son is a homebrewer who lives in Reno, NV, which has an active and supportive homebrew community. I called him and explained your dilemma. He strongly suggested that you call his favorite shop: Reno Homebrewer. They deal in both beer and wine making supplies, and my son says they have been extremely generous in helping when he has questions. 775-329-2537. Persevere!