A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing and Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing and Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds" from Sarah Jampel. I love this recipe but want to bake it in a loaf pan to make it a bread. Any ideas on if I should put all batter in one loaf pan or make two? And how long to bake? I have an 8”x4” loaf pan.

• Posted by: Andrea
  • January 28, 2019

Victoria
Victoria January 28, 2019

You should be able to sub the loaf pan, the volumes are about the same. Baking time will be longer.

Andrea
Andrea January 28, 2019

Thank you so much for your response! Helps to know someone else is thinking same thing. I decided to bake in a 9”x5” loaf pan instead, thinking maybe it will bake better in a larger size loaf pan. The batter filled the loaf pan almost 3/4 of the way? It’s in the oven now, so I will share how it turns out! Also, I used cup 4 cup so it is gluten free. I always make the cake with cup 4 cup as well and turns out beautifully.

Andrea
Andrea January 28, 2019

So I baked the recipe in one 9”x5” loaf pan for about 1 hr 10min and it came out great!