🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Clafoutis aux framboises

67d3e068 0002 4f9c a76e 52f15b66c317  img 1975

I have a question about the recipe "Clafoutis aux framboises" from Culinista Annouchka. Could I leave out the Grand Marnier or substitute something else?

asked by aclezotte over 6 years ago

5325d3f1 802f 424c 976d cbe756a71bbd  img 1177 2

You may substitute for a raspeberry liquor or other fruity liquor. Ive never done it without and it really enhances the flavors. If you're worried about the alcohol content it does burn off while in the oven! Hope it helps!

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

If you are worried about the alcohol, try a little Seville Orange Marmalade to get a similar taste, but of course, not the same thing

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Actually, all the alcohol will not burn off - so if zero alcohol is the objective, leave it out.

I recently asked a similar question - I've been making clafoutis for years, always with some kind of liqueur (kirsch, grand marnier, etc.), but was cooking for someone who really could not have any alcohol. Period. So, I used vanilla bean as the flavoring in a pear clafoutis - and it was delicious without the liqueur.

You could also use some grated orange peel to give it some orange oomph.