A question about a recipe: Clafoutis aux framboises

I have a question about the recipe "Clafoutis aux framboises" from Culinista Annouchka. Could I leave out the Grand Marnier or substitute something else?

67d3e068 0002 4f9c a76e 52f15b66c317  img 1975
Recipe question for: Clafoutis aux Framboises

Culinista Annouchka
Culinista Annouchka March 27, 2011

You may substitute for a raspeberry liquor or other fruity liquor. Ive never done it without and it really enhances the flavors. If you're worried about the alcohol content it does burn off while in the oven! Hope it helps!

usuba dashi
usuba dashi March 27, 2011

If you are worried about the alcohol, try a little Seville Orange Marmalade to get a similar taste, but of course, not the same thing

amysarah March 27, 2011

Actually, all the alcohol will not burn off - so if zero alcohol is the objective, leave it out.

I recently asked a similar question - I've been making clafoutis for years, always with some kind of liqueur (kirsch, grand marnier, etc.), but was cooking for someone who really could not have any alcohol. Period. So, I used vanilla bean as the flavoring in a pear clafoutis - and it was delicious without the liqueur.

You could also use some grated orange peel to give it some orange oomph.