🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos

461c417c 97e4 4549 8c5d 51590195c87c  pork tacos

I have a question about the recipe "Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos" from merrill. It looks absolutely delicious, and I'm making it tonight, but on a mild, medium, hot scale, where is it? My husband won't eat really hot food. Thanks!

asked by plainhomecook over 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Hi! I find that spiciness is really subjective, but it's probably safe to say it's somewhere between medium and hot. If you want it less spicy, I'd reduce both of the chili powder amounts by half, and maybe leave out the serrano or use only half of it. Let me know how it turns out!

Wow, that is customer service at lightning speed. Thank you so much for the suggestions - I'll let you know exactly how wonderful this is in my kitchen!

Merrill, I followed your suggestions for reducing the heat - used half the serrano and omitted the ancho chili powder because I didn't have any anyway. Took it to a final four potluck and heard complete silence while people ate it - the best compliment. Thanks!