A question about a recipe: Meatballs Emilia-Romagna with Pasta Sheets

4dfd9fc7 35c5 4a52 94b2 a5d5949287da  081710f52 me 0509

I have a question about the recipe "Meatballs Emilia-Romagna with Pasta Sheets" from thirschfeld.I have never heard of "double concentrate tomato paste". I have never seen this at any grocery store when shopping. Can you name some brands that make this? Is there a website where I can find this? I know none of my local stores carry this. Does it really make a difference to use regular tomato paste?

asked by estelle over 7 years ago

phyllis

Double concentrate tomato paste comes in a tube; I think the brand I use is Amore. It's usually shelved with/or near the tomato paste. You can use regular tomato paste, but use about 50% more.

Yes I use amore and also whole foods carries a brand 365. Its very convenient and you use less than the canned.

thirschfeld

Why I like it is because of the tube. I don't waste tomato paste anymore and it is much more convenient. Fresh Market carries it and lots of groceries do but it is in their ethnic section generally.