🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Faulknerian Family Spice Cake, with Caramel Icing

12160fb2 9571 4644 9348 540f0622ccd1  042710 0356

I have a question about the recipe "Faulknerian Family Spice Cake, with Caramel Icing" from ENunn.
This is probably a stupid question but I'm not very skilled/knowledgeable in the kitchen and I ALWAYS have this question....the recipe calls for butter - unsalted or salted? does it matter? thank you!!

asked by amonahan over 6 years ago

B69e74f7 1a53 49bb a601 cb90724b17dd  img 3633 copy 2 1

In baking and in cooking in general opt for unsalted butter. Salt is merely a preservative when added to butter. Unsalted butter will be fresher and have a better taste. Looks like a great recipe!

thank you so much!

While I agree that you would want to use unsalted butter for baking this cake, please know that it is not inherently fresher. Any butter can be old.