🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Leg of Lamb with Garlic Sauce

4f168cae d698 4c0a 9fbb 382fba4136c4  2015 1207 leg of lamb with garlic sauce james ransom 014

I have a question about the recipe "Leg of Lamb with Garlic Sauce" from ChefJune. I defrosted the leg of lamb I've been saving for this weekend only to realize it's boneless. How would you adjust the recipe to accomodate? I was thinking of stuffing it with the anchovy/garlic, then rolling and tying. Sear? Roast slow on a rack?

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

asked about 6 years ago

I do it the same way with a boneless leg that I do with the bone in. Because I always use atemperature probe thermometer when I roast meats, I don't worry about the time. If it's opened out, just tie it up and proceed as though the bone was there. The garlic and anchovies that you poke into the meat melt into it and you can't tell it's there. But you taste it! ;)