🔕 🔔

Cooking standing rib roast what temperature for medium rare?

Lex is the managing partner of 3CUPS

Wholefoods user icon

Hi Lex!
I cook it until; 125 internal temperature then let it rest for a full 10 minutes.
cook it at a lower temperature, 325 f. and you will get a more gentle gradiation of temperature throgh the roast. less like a bullseye.

7d2e9fbe d94b 4831 9a41 e7e53d9676f8  img 0061

The internal temperature of the meat should be about 130-135 F. I've like Alton Brown's technique of cooking for a long time at low temperature followed by a brief return to the oven at high temperature described here
http://www.foodnetwork...
because I find it gives a better crust, but the order can be reversed, with the broiling/searing at the beginning.