🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cheese Biscuits

2109e55e e792 4d2a abc8 037c91e1884c  041911f 147

I have a question about the recipe "Cheese Biscuits" from merrill. I made these last week and while they were extremely well received by dinner guests, I noted that my biscuits were about half the height of a regular biscuit. I certainly followed the receipe and used baking powder. Where might I have gone wrong?

asked by Cookbook Thief over 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

As you can probably tell from our photos, we had no problems with rising. Is there any chance that your baking powder has been sitting around for a while?

Guilty. I suspected that the age of my baking powder might be the issue and I should really know better at this point. I think it might be time to chuck it and start with a fresh supply. Thank you!

0022585b ac31 476f 99fb ddea69bdece6  fb avatar

Baking powder (and soda) has expiration dates on it which I discovered when I had something not rise properly. When you only use a tsp. occasionally, it can get past that date pretty quickly.