🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Hunter's-Style Chicken

43a34c23 1807 4a34 a037 bfbb38d69d26  011811f 323

I have a question about the recipe "Hunter's-Style Chicken" from lastnightsdinner. What would be a good substitution for the Italian Red Sweet Vermouth. I am not going to buy a bottle of that just for 2 oz. I know that vermouth is one of the fortified wines. Would a sherry, port, or a marsala work? Thanks!

asked by bella s.f. over 6 years ago

34b35e7d 9f0b 412e bbb2 00e0498f86d5  2016 10 06 19 40 38

Hi there! I use port often in red sauces, so I think a splash of that would work just fine. Good luck and I hope you like it!

Thank you so much for your response. I am so looking forward to making this tomorrow!

E6b7f7d7 5c8b 4b5b af10 0fad5d25b546  happy alice in mexico

Dear Bella S.F., I made this last night. It was delicious. I didn't have Vermouth, so I used Marsala. It came out fabulous. I'm snacking on the sauce with some pasta right now. :-)