A question about a recipe: Vietnamese-Inspired Sweet & Spicy Catfish with Pickled Vegetables

8bb9f663 fb1d 4adc a752 bb2ea9be5e64  020111f 316

I have a question about the recipe "Vietnamese-Inspired Sweet & Spicy Catfish with Pickled Vegetables " from melissav. Any suggestions for substitutions for catfish? My husband loves fish, hates the taste of catfish.

asked by bbmoe over 7 years ago

braisinfoodie

I've used mahi-mahi in the past for catfish haters, but it's a bit leaner. I've also heard of other's using monkfish, but I haven't tried yet. Unfortunately, I find that the unique taste of catfish is pretty difficult to duplicate.

Good luck!

melissav

You can use any thin white flaky fish. I've used tilapia, snapper, and flounder. Use your favorite white flaky fish. Good luck

cookinginvictoria

I've subbed both snapper and sole in this recipe with excellent results.