A question about a recipe: Maple Yogurt Pound Cake

594ae545 d1fa 421d a789 64e40a84dea5  042010f 415

I have a question about the recipe "Maple Yogurt Pound Cake" from Rivka.
Can I susbstitute honey for the maple?

asked by Sabrosura about 7 years ago

Rivka

I'm not sure that would work. Honey is quite a bit more viscous than maple, plus you'd lose the maple flavor, which is quite prominent. If you do try it, let us know if it works!

If you do use honey, be sure to add some baking soda to balance the acid. The ratio is 1/2 teaspoon per cup of acidic ingredient.

Chef ClouClou

Dear Sabrosura,
Why not try substituting the sugar with the honey rather than the maple? If you use Acacias honey, it has half the glycemic index of all sugars and all other honeys so helps to avoid a spike in insulin.