🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Homemade Ricotta

E24cfada 4a16 43c5 b990 43fb6a99546e  img 5569

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Ricotta" from fraîchement. I've made this recipe many times to rave reviews, and I'm craving it right now and there is no whole milk in the house! Can it be made with skim milk?

asked by Granolagirl over 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I have read that you can but results can be varied. For the best result its best to use whole milk that said from everything i have read its possible. Do you have heavy cream or half and half you can spike the skim milk to fatten it up.

Ed8244bb f4b8 47f1 946a 95e00c50dac2  fraichement2

I certainly would try it if I were you. I think you'll have a delicious batch of ricotta for baked goods, pastas, and even to add to a bowl of fruit with a drop of honey. Don't expect it to be entirely creamy and flavorful--the all-fat milk usually brings in this sort of richness

Thank you! It's worth a shot, I usually have buttermilk and skim milk in the house, but rarely have whole milk. I would love to be able to do this on the fly any time we're in the mood!