🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lamb Dolmas With Tzatziki

Dce283cd 3fb4 4db2 ac3a 69134f6052a7  005

I have a question about the recipe "Lamb Dolmas With Tzatziki" from aargersi. Don't have par boiled rice what can I use instead?

asked by foodfighter over 6 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

"Parboiled rice" in the Greek recipes handed down to me simply means put that you, the cook, partially boil raw rice in the amount specified until it is partially cooked, but still has some bite to it. I just put the raw rice in a pot with water to cover, maybe with a bit of salt, and simmer it until it is about half-cooked. Obviously, you will want to keep an eye on it!

(Oops! One too many "partiallys" in that first sentence -- it should read: ".you, the cook, boil raw rice in the amount specified until it is partially cooked, but still has some bite to it."