A question about a recipe: Grilled Catfish with Kohlrabi Slaw

78c1df33 2662 46f5 b3c4 c7fb4b3748e2  5740830456 e77dfbb021 z

I have a question about the recipe "Grilled Catfish with Kohlrabi Slaw" from The Perennial Plate. Is the catfish fillets or chunks of a whole skinned catfish

asked by bobbywad over 7 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Sounds like they would be fillets since they're 6 ounces each and grill for only 3 minutes per side. Or might even be thin catfish steaks.

perennialplate

This recipe is for portioned pieces of skinned catfish. But you could use the same recipe for a filet. Just instead of flipping it after three minutes, leave it skin side down for 4-5 minutes, then flip it and sear the flesh side for a minute. Or if it is a smaller whole catfish, cook for around 4-5 minutes on each side with the grill cover on part of the time.