A question about a recipe: Mom's Blueberry-Coconut Muffins

Ad8e9321 7f8c 48ee 8827 4dbd47bc4eff  2016 0507 moms blueberry coconut muffins james ransom 006

I have a question about the recipe "Mom's Blueberry-Coconut Muffins" from Rhonda35. Could coconut milk be used instead of regular milk?

asked by americaninoz over 7 years ago

I'm answering because I'm Rhonda's sister, and grew up eating these. I've never tried it with coconut milk but yes, I think that would be fine. The fat content might result in a slightly denser muffin, but seems worth trying!

Rhonda35

I am guessing you mean Thai coconut milk? To be honest, I am not sure. I know that almond milk can be substituted without a problem, but have not tried coconut milk. Having said that, I think it's worth trying because it certain would enhance the coconut flavor. If I were going to give it a go, I would start off trying half regular milk and half coconut milk and then go from there. Please report back!

americaninoz

Well I'm going to try this weekend and I will definitely report back! These muffins look so good- I can't wait to try them for myself! Thanks for the advice!