A question about a recipe: Grilled Shrimp Packets with Basil, Garlic and Red Curry Compound Butter

I have a question about the recipe "Grilled Shrimp Packets with Basil, Garlic and Red Curry Compound Butter" from kitchen confidante. Do you think these could be baked in a packet rather than grilled? I was thinking bake at 400 for about 5 minutes? What do you all think. Thanks!

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat
  • Posted by: SKK
  • June 21, 2011

SKK June 30, 2011
Thank you both!

Liren B. June 30, 2011
My apologies for the late reply, I have been out of town! But yes, as nomnivorous says, you can absolutely bake the packets in the oven, it will work just as well!

nomnivorous June 21, 2011
While I have not made this particular recipe, I have made plenty of baked seafood packets. They're one of my favorite things to make. With something as quick cooking as shrimp, I'm sure it would work well in the oven. 400 is a great temp for packets, hot enough to get the steam happening but not too hot to scorch anything.