🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Oaxacan Cinnamon Chocolate Macaroons

3e4baffa 29dc 4e2e aa6a 2f42f1f4414a  033010f 869

I have a question about the recipe "Oaxacan Cinnamon Chocolate Macaroons" from robinbeth.
How do I convert weights to volume, i.e., grams to cups?

asked by num1grams over 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Macarons are pretty finicky; it would be best to use a scale if you can. If that's not possible, here's a calculator you can use:
http://www.gourmetsleuth...

My kitchen is small and I don't want to clutter it with one more tool. This conversion web site is wonerful. Thanks.

5c7fe5ea c756 4ec5 9440 7a3a1a683515  img 1920

I agree with drbabs. Making macaroons is a bit like chemistry and you need just the right amounts which is why I put the recipe in weights instead of volume. A cup of flour can weigh anywhere between 4 to 7 ounces depending how much it is packed down. I have a small New York City kitchen, but I wouldn't be without my scale. It's an invaluable tool: just a little flat digital one that is smaller than a tea saucer. But, certainly, in a pinch, those conversion websites are great. Good luck! Hope you enjoy the macaroons.

5931bcf1 b22d 41db bdb0 e856dde60d58  image

Here it is.
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup and 2 tbsp almond flower
1 1/2 cup confectioner sugar

Oops. I of course meant flour not flower