A question about a recipe: The New Englandah Burgah

I have a question about the recipe "The New Englandah Burgah" from Chef Jason and Merrill's "Maple Syrup & Dijon Vinegarette." I live in CT and have tons of family in MA & VT, so I have easy access and a cupboard full of great maple syrups. I use it quite frequently in year-round cooking. However, with so many different type of grades & varieties could you please let me know which grade you two used for your recipes? I plan on shopping today to make both recipes for dinner tonight on the deck.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1
The New Englandah Burgah
Recipe question for: The New Englandah Burgah

Chef J. July 1, 2011
I used Grade A for my burger. But you can use any kind you want or have. I have even made this with the um, I'd hate to say it...Fake stuff and it came out good. But not as good as with real maple syrup awesomeness.

Merrill S. July 1, 2011
I typically use whatever I have on hand for the vinaigrette, and I believe we used Grade A when we tested the Burgah. Truthfully, I don't think you can go wrong as long as the syrup is good -- and it sounds like it will be in your house!