🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki

823c5ac6 846d 4e7c a039 62ecca3bfe83  2017 0425 world s easiest falafel bobbi lin 23796

I have a question about the recipe "World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki" from marisab67.
I made this recipe yesterday and loved it. I didn't fry all of them up since I was hoping to serve them tonite for some friends. Can they be fried ahead and reheated or will they dry out?

asked by sticksnscones about 6 years ago

I'm not sure I can be entirely objective, because leftover falafels are one of my favorite next-day-lunches, but I would say, yes, they can be reheated. It might lack that fresh-fried-crunch, though. For company, I'd be more inclined to make the patties ahead of time (refrigerate, cover, and bring them back to room temp before frying) and fry before serving.

Exactly what I think. If you don't mind no crunch, they're fine. My husband gets them for lunch the next day this way. Just a little romaine and extra tzatziki and you don't notice!

D6706402 eb96 499d a671 b2e90db25df9  bike2

I think they do get too soggy if your fry, then refrigerate leftovers. I keep the batter in the fridge and fry just before serving. Just my opinion.

They are absolutely better fresh, but if you need to save time or are at work and can't fry something in your office kitchen, they can be cooked ahead. They're not like french fries where they're ruined if you reheat.

Ce2e59c0 fad6 41e4 9487 d9600b91503e  pizzeria neck shot

I don't like reheated falafels. The food police might not agree but if I had to fry them and serve them later I would keep them at room temperature until ready to serve.