A question about a recipe: Chocolate Cardamom Sorbet

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Cardamom Sorbet" from ChezSuzanne. I was happy to see this recipe and that it can be made without an ice cream maker. I realize that this may be just against the point of the recipe, however... is there anything that you would suggest using in place of the cardamom? Ginger? Cinnamon? ... a mixture of ???

Thanks!

623d8a0c 0268 41e7 9621 3ce01bcf8893  chocolate cardamom sorbet dark picniked
Recipe question for: Chocolate Cardamom Sorbet

TheWimpyVegetarian
TheWimpyVegetarian July 25, 2011

Hi bella s.f.! Thanks for your question. I've made it without any spices at all and it's been wonderful. I would think either ginger or cinnamon would work, but haven't tried it I confess. I'd love to hear what you go with and how it turns out. I do suggest, however, adding the strained apricot - it really brings up the natural fruit tones of the chocolate. And on the ice cream maker, sorry for the confusion, but I used an ice cream maker and then put it in the freezer over night to get the best texture results. I imagine you could just freeze it, stirring it every hour or so and then freeze overnight. Stir again in the morning and see what happens. I don't think you can go too far wrong with this.

bella s.f.
bella s.f. July 26, 2011

Thanks ChezSuzanne for your reply. When we finish the Double Rainbow Chocolate sorbet that is in our freezer, I will try your recipe. I'll let you know when we do. I am looking forward to making it.

TheWimpyVegetarian
TheWimpyVegetarian July 27, 2011

Great! I'd love to hear back how it goes for you and what spices you end up with in the sorbet!