A question about a recipe: Korean Kalbi

9ebe8e4f 27d4 40e4 90f0 7588728a7e16  110111f 333

I have a question about the ingredient "beef short ribs, cut against the bone, lengthwise. 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick" on the recipe "Korean Kalbi " from edamame2003. Is this a cut you can ask the butcher to do?

asked by cilantro over 7 years ago

keel

You can get this cut at Korean markets. I have even found them at Sam's Club before but your best bet is a Korean market.

keel

One more tip. Be sure to rinse the bone shards before you marinate the meat. I find this cut of short ribs is more prone to bone shards than the English cut of short ribs.

edamame2003

you can find this cut at asian markets, but ask your butcher for flanken cut (cut through the bone lengthwise).

Sorry for the spam, everyone! We're still working to resolve this.