A question about a recipe: Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama & Jalapeño Salsa

626f008e 5fef 484e 9436 20f6f45975e1  food52 01 30 12 2834

I have a question about the recipe "Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama & Jalapeño Salsa" from a la Alison. Can I make the pork ahead of time and reheat?

asked by RoundLake Cook about 7 years ago

a la Alison

Yes, I am sure you could. I image the delicious braising liquid might be absorbed, but still have a strong flavor. Since pork belly, by definition, is a very fatty cut of meat, my only fear is it might not be as tender as it will be initially. I am sure it will still work though!
Honestly, I wouldn't know because braised meats never make it to the reheating stage in my house!

The beauty of braising is it doesn't need constant supervision. Brine the meat, make a quality braising liquid, and let it do its magic!