A question about a recipe: Meyer Lemon Macarons

594f53a4 dd66 4588 92d8 03d7cbdd6e66  033010f 602

I have a question about the recipe "Meyer Lemon Macarons" from DolcettoConfections. Can I make these the day before. If so, would it be best to fill them the day of. Will the macaron be okay?

asked by pamschneider about 7 years ago

Definitely fill them the day of. Not sure where you live but if it's humid I would make them the day of. If it's dry, making them a day in advance is ok.

pamschneider

That's what I figured. I am in Norther Calif. Thanks.

MsMarie

Macarons get better as they age. So filling them in advance and leaving them in the fridge actually makes them better. See for example this:
"Macarons, against all pastry traditions, actually get better with age. The shells soften and become more chewy, mingling with the flavor of the buttercream too. So, while of course you can eat them right away, don’t hesitate to store them refrigerated for up to a week."
Source: http://bravetart.com/recipes/Macarons