How do I cook bone marrow?

babytiger
babytiger August 9, 2011

One easy way is to roast them. I usually put them in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. (It will depend on size) You can make a parsley salad with it but I usually just sprinkle on some nice salt (fleur de sel, pink salt, etc.).

Lauren Coleman
Lauren Coleman August 9, 2011

I like to start the bones in cast iron skillet over medium heat with butter, rosemary, thyme, turn them so they color on all sides and then put them in a pre-heated 200 degree oven for about 10 minutes. enjoy!

pierino August 10, 2011

Roast the bones at 400F and serve them with the traditional perselliade; parsley and garlic. One of Michael Symon's cooks has a great technique for removing the marrow and finishing the dish outside the bone. I have that saved someplace but I'm not at home. But love marrow. Sweet, succulent and delicious.

Michael Ruhlman
Michael Ruhlman August 23, 2011

Roasting is great because so easy. Another great way to serve is to remove it from the bone, coat it in flour, and saute it till its crispy outside and hot inside. This post has the method and serving ideas: http://ruhlman.com/2008...