🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Corn Cakes with Lemon Chive Crème Fraiche

3a0bcfe7 b186 45a2 9c54 bae446bb2b76  img 1852

I have a question about the recipe "Corn Cakes with Lemon Chive Crème Fraiche" from BigGirlPhoebz.

Rather than fry the corn cakes then bake them, can you just bake them? I want to make these for my mom but she's very strange about anything fried. Thanks!

asked by skittle over 6 years ago

3387baab 9f19 4891 a7d6 3e7907f3b2a3  2016 03 20 19 17 45

I don't see why not -- they won't get as crisp though. I'd heat the oven to 400 with the pan in the oven. Add enough oil or butter to coat the pan, then add the corn cakes. Bake until browned on the bottom, then flip and brown on the other side.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Sorry, that was me answering -- was signed in as one of our photographers!