A question about a recipe: Corn Cakes with Lemon Chive Crème Fraiche

3a0bcfe7 b186 45a2 9c54 bae446bb2b76  img 1852

I have a question about the recipe "Corn Cakes with Lemon Chive Crème Fraiche" from BigGirlPhoebz.

Rather than fry the corn cakes then bake them, can you just bake them? I want to make these for my mom but she's very strange about anything fried. Thanks!

asked by skittle about 7 years ago

Jennifer Causey

I don't see why not -- they won't get as crisp though. I'd heat the oven to 400 with the pan in the oven. Add enough oil or butter to coat the pan, then add the corn cakes. Bake until browned on the bottom, then flip and brown on the other side.

Sorry, that was me answering -- was signed in as one of our photographers!