🔕 🔔

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

If the chicken livers have not been previously frozen, yes you can freeze them until you are ready to use them.

but if you buy them already packaged together, chances are they've already been frozen...

E7de47cd 9d33 416b 84d2 56b51801a7d6  christine 28 small 1

I have frozen fresh chicken livers and they do fine in this pate after being thawed. I would suggest breaking them up into portioned sizes before freezing, though.

Ideas in Food

Aki Kamozawa and H. Alexander Talbot are the founders of the culinary consulting business Ideas in Food.

The easiest way to get around this is to check with your store and see if their livers are frozen. If they are, you can ask them to set some aside for you without defrosting them and so that you can thaw them and use them when you're ready. Since you're making a pate it's more of a freshness issue (how long were they defrosted before they were refrozen) than a texture issue.

I am so grateful to all the folk who answered my query re Chicken Livers. Thank you so much,
I suggest that from all the cooking websites I have used and asked questions of, you response and reply was the fastest I have ever had ; certainly very much appreciated.
Food Pickle now locked into Favourites.
Regards
patsone
South Australia.

Actually made the Tuscan Liver Pate - great - loved it - straight into my favourite recipes - thank you.
Regards
Patsone
South Australia