A question about a recipe: Tuscan Chicken Liver Paté

I have a question about the recipe "Tuscan Chicken Liver Paté" from gluttonforlife

Pate liver recipe looks fantastic - definitely will try it - PROBLEM: I live in a country Town and only get to shop monthly -. If I purchase a kilo of fresh chicken livers can I FREEZE them until I am ready to use them please. Look forward to your reply
Regards
patsone

• Posted by: patsone
  • August 17, 2011
15d756db 28b0 4a32 b1b9 679a54dc6715  041310f 748
Recipe question for: Tuscan Chicken Liver Paté

SKK August 17, 2011

If the chicken livers have not been previously frozen, yes you can freeze them until you are ready to use them.

wildwildwest
wildwildwest August 17, 2011

but if you buy them already packaged together, chances are they've already been frozen...

cheese1227
cheese1227 August 17, 2011

I have frozen fresh chicken livers and they do fine in this pate after being thawed. I would suggest breaking them up into portioned sizes before freezing, though.

Ideas in Food
Ideas in Food August 17, 2011

The easiest way to get around this is to check with your store and see if their livers are frozen. If they are, you can ask them to set some aside for you without defrosting them and so that you can thaw them and use them when you're ready. Since you're making a pate it's more of a freshness issue (how long were they defrosted before they were refrozen) than a texture issue.

patsone
patsone August 17, 2011

I am so grateful to all the folk who answered my query re Chicken Livers. Thank you so much,
I suggest that from all the cooking websites I have used and asked questions of, you response and reply was the fastest I have ever had ; certainly very much appreciated.
Food Pickle now locked into Favourites.
Regards
patsone
South Australia.
patsone
patsone August 22, 2011

Actually made the Tuscan Liver Pate - great - loved it - straight into my favourite recipes - thank you.
Regards
Patsone
South Australia