If the chicken livers have not been previously frozen, yes you can freeze them until you are ready to use them.

wildwildwest

but if you buy them already packaged together, chances are they've already been frozen...

cheese1227

I have frozen fresh chicken livers and they do fine in this pate after being thawed. I would suggest breaking them up into portioned sizes before freezing, though.

Ideas in Food
Ideas in Food

Aki Kamozawa and H. Alexander Talbot are the founders of the culinary consulting business Ideas in Food.

The easiest way to get around this is to check with your store and see if their livers are frozen. If they are, you can ask them to set some aside for you without defrosting them and so that you can thaw them and use them when you're ready. Since you're making a pate it's more of a freshness issue (how long were they defrosted before they were refrozen) than a texture issue.

patsone

I am so grateful to all the folk who answered my query re Chicken Livers. Thank you so much,
I suggest that from all the cooking websites I have used and asked questions of, you response and reply was the fastest I have ever had ; certainly very much appreciated.
Food Pickle now locked into Favourites.
Regards
patsone
South Australia.

patsone

Actually made the Tuscan Liver Pate - great - loved it - straight into my favourite recipes - thank you.
Regards
Patsone
South Australia