A question about a recipe: Quick Cucumber and Shiso Pickles

2cb096da 64b0 4da4 bf4f f428f6b07e13  2015 0226 shisho pickles mark weinberg 136

I have a question about the recipe "Quick Cucumber and Shiso Pickles" from Teri.
How long do the pickles keep? I have made them and they are delicious!

asked by sticksnscones about 7 years ago

Teri

Thx for the question and so glad you like them. I usually keep them until they're gone. I'd make a double batch, and usually there's just me at dinner, where I'd have them as a side dish. I'd say a week or so, maybe two. It is mostly vinegar, and shiso is also a preserving agent.

sticksnscones

THanks a bunch! Ooops..I think mine have been in there a couple of weeks. I just made another double batch...adding cukes, carrots and Japanese salad turnips. Can't wait to serve them to my guests tonite.

Teri

I'm sure they'll be great!