A question about a recipe: Summer Corn Pudding

2fb29e2b a6d1 4074 8599 9389bbad0429  080911 137

I have a question about the recipe "Summer Corn Pudding" from Lizthechef. What kind of pan do you use? How thick should the pudding be before you put in the oven and after it comes out?

asked by tracylimpe about 7 years ago

Lizthechef

I use a 9 inch square pan, although my oval Le Creuset gratin pan is fine too - a square pan makes neater servings. The thickness is clearly shown in the food52 photo of the pudding on a plate. It is not thick which is why it bakes so quickly.

I recently doubled the recipe but sort of one-and-a-half-ed the pan size so I made a deeper one. I also cooked it at a higher temp -- 375 -- because of another dish I was making, and it cooked just fine. Took a little longer but came out beautifully. So if you don't have the perfect size pan you can adapt -- have fun, it's delicious!