A question about a recipe: Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions

Fbd604e3 90e0 4ea7 a8c7 96fc0ec02ca9  080911 101

I have a question about the recipe "Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions" from Ms. T.
Hello,
This sounds yummy. My question is: Can frozen corn be used if fresh is not available? If so, how much?
Thank you.

asked by Avis about 7 years ago

mscheevel

I use frozen corn all of the time during the winter for similar salads (for example, a corn/black bean/cilantro salad), so I don't think there's any reason you couldn't do so here. Just don't overcook it (if you cook it at all).

I'd guess somewhere around 1/2 cup of frozen corn per ear of corn, but I always just eyeball it

Ms. T

I've never tried using frozen corn for this recipe, but another friend asked me the same question, so if you try it, let me know how it turns out!