🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Basil Ice Cream

668f667f 9200 40f4 bcbb 2471226b3f51  img 3515

I have a question about the recipe "Basil Ice Cream" from ScoopAdventurer.
If I don't substitute Guar Gum and/or Xanthan Gum, does this recipe require 1/4 teaspoon of Guar Gum or 1/4 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum or 1/4 teaspoon of both?

asked by SavorLife about 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Sounds like you use 1/4 teaspoon of both (in the instructions it says "add guar gum and xanthan gum").

81072140 16df 45f6 bb7d 01d73eea4da9  examiner pic

Yes, Merrill is correct. You add 1/4 teaspoon of both guar gum and xanthan gum.

Fa5915eb 7d97 4c64 98f1 1c1d33af499b  john phoenix

Thanks. What confused me was that the recipe says "add the guar gum and the xanthan gum", but the Extra Note says "if you don't have guar gum or xanthan gum". Before I hit the submit button to order $23 worth of ingredients I am only going to use 1/4 teaspoon of, I wanted to make sure I needed both.