🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Peach Tart

1306fcea fb6d 45ec 8d00 a1af7da8fd0c  2011 0822 peach tart james ransom 4118

I have a question about the recipe "Peach Tart" from amanda.
Sometimes cooked peach skins get tough. Can you score the skins horizontally before cutting vertically into those 1/2 inch slices?

asked by nan8LT about 6 years ago

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

In the headnote, Amanda says her mother peels the peaches for the recipe, which would obviate any qualms about the skins ...

E56c06da dac4 48cf 8040 8ed011cd4cbd  avatar 540 white
Food52

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

I've never had a problem with the peach skins being tough in this recipe but your method sounds good, and if you're concerned about this, then I say why not try it!?

I remove peach skin just like I remove tomato skin. Put them in a pot of boiling water for about 20 seconds, hold under cold water and they come off like a dream.