any good recipes for cous cous, please

asked by @erudite27 almost 7 years ago

Food52
Food52

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

This couscous recipe won one of our contests and is perfect for this time of year: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

skittle

I love this one.

This is from
www.canyoustayfordinner...

Garlic Tuna Couscous Cakes

serves 4

2, 6 oz cans tuna fish, drained and flaked
1 cup cooked couscous
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
juice of half a lemon
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 eggs

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with your hands. Shape into 8 small patties. Place on a greased baking sheet, brush the tops of each with olive oil, and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I've got a recipe for Summer Couscous that you might like
http://boulder.wholefoodsmarketcooking...

babytiger

I always start off with cooking my couscous in stock, usually chicken or beef. Then I would add vegetables to it. Caramelized onion, saute mushroom, and roasted vegetables are all good.

cocktailhour

I also use broth for the cous cous. I like to add either cilantro or parsley, toasted nuts, a dried fruit, and either citrus or mint.

I have use caulliflower as a sub for couscous. Break it down in a food processor until it resembles couscous. Lightly sauté with a bit of stock,oil and cumin. Use like you would couscous.

lorigoldsby

Again with the stock...but even veggie stock is better than water if you have a vegetarian palate. I also love the Isreali or pearled couscous with a curried vinaigrette, craisins, green onions and toasted pumpkin seeds. It was a huge hit with the riders at the barn this summer!

This was entered into the lunch pail theme: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Bocaj

Chicken stock and a little bit of cayenne. Shallots, cremini mushrooms, red bells sauteed separately and added after the couscous is done cooking. If you want to turn it into a quick and easy dinner just add chicken or steak to the veggies.