🔕 🔔

any good recipes for cous cous, please

asked by @erudite27 about 6 years ago

E56c06da dac4 48cf 8040 8ed011cd4cbd  avatar 540 white
Food52

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

This couscous recipe won one of our contests and is perfect for this time of year: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

8a1957d0 b651 4d7f bd89 c31bca93a9d0  070610f 325

I love this one.

This is from
www.canyoustayfordinner...

Garlic Tuna Couscous Cakes

serves 4

2, 6 oz cans tuna fish, drained and flaked
1 cup cooked couscous
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
juice of half a lemon
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 eggs

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with your hands. Shape into 8 small patties. Place on a greased baking sheet, brush the tops of each with olive oil, and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.

Wholefoods user icon

I've got a recipe for Summer Couscous that you might like
http://boulder.wholefoodsmarketcooking...

3162c11b e070 4795 95d1 fd9492a6b582  lulusleep

I always start off with cooking my couscous in stock, usually chicken or beef. Then I would add vegetables to it. Caramelized onion, saute mushroom, and roasted vegetables are all good.

I also use broth for the cous cous. I like to add either cilantro or parsley, toasted nuts, a dried fruit, and either citrus or mint.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I have use caulliflower as a sub for couscous. Break it down in a food processor until it resembles couscous. Lightly sauté with a bit of stock,oil and cumin. Use like you would couscous.

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

Again with the stock...but even veggie stock is better than water if you have a vegetarian palate. I also love the Isreali or pearled couscous with a curried vinaigrette, craisins, green onions and toasted pumpkin seeds. It was a huge hit with the riders at the barn this summer!

This was entered into the lunch pail theme: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Chicken stock and a little bit of cayenne. Shallots, cremini mushrooms, red bells sauteed separately and added after the couscous is done cooking. If you want to turn it into a quick and easy dinner just add chicken or steak to the veggies.