🔕 🔔

C2f153ed 42bf 42ef b079 0d1815c946b6  2016 03 19 15 05 01
virginia willis

Southern-born Virginia Willis is a French-trained chef, food writer, and content creator. Her latest cookbook, Lighten Up, Y'all: Classic Southern Recipes Made Healthy and Wholesome received a James Beard Award of Excellence in 2016.

Hey there la greca - I did say a few minutes in the video and it does state 2x in the recipe. Either will work equally well. I wrote the recipe to salt and rinse 2x so as not too allow the shrimp to become too salty. If you do salt and let it rest and brine, make sure to only do it a few minutes - literally 2 minutes. I hope you like the recipe!
Bon Appetit, Y'all! Best VA

PS attached is a photo of a shrimp I caught off the GA coast. I ate it sashimi style for breakfast!

42c5839f 979f 4d64 8d39 ac2da0f086ae  img 1472

4bba6156 6f87 4792 9795 d3fa5ade0bb2  stringio

Great! Thanks for the enlightenment on a new technique.

Your breakfast is a thing of beauty, for sure.