virginia willis
virginia willis

Southern-born Virginia Willis is a French-trained chef, food writer, and content creator. Her latest cookbook, Lighten Up, Y'all: Classic Southern Recipes Made Healthy and Wholesome received a James Beard Award of Excellence in 2016.

Hey there la greca - I did say a few minutes in the video and it does state 2x in the recipe. Either will work equally well. I wrote the recipe to salt and rinse 2x so as not too allow the shrimp to become too salty. If you do salt and let it rest and brine, make sure to only do it a few minutes - literally 2 minutes. I hope you like the recipe!
Bon Appetit, Y'all! Best VA

PS attached is a photo of a shrimp I caught off the GA coast. I ate it sashimi style for breakfast!

la greca

Great! Thanks for the enlightenment on a new technique.

Your breakfast is a thing of beauty, for sure.