A question about a recipe: Jean Anderson's Sweet Red Pepper Paste (Massa de Pimentão)

D81aa713 b1cf 415c 85f7 3327fa59954d  img 7979

I have a question about the recipe "Jean Anderson's Sweet Red Pepper Paste (Massa de Pimentão) " from Genius Recipes.
I'm wondering if peeling these peppers is as easy as when you blacken them...
Thanks!
Suzie

asked by susymac about 7 years ago

I have made this recipe many times. It is a little time consuming but no different. I have made it under time-and-laziness constraints without peeling and it was still delicious.

I find it's even easier, amazingly enough. You know how with a blackened pepper, sometimes the skin is flaky and papery, and sticks everywhere? Here, as long as you roast it long enough, the skin comes off cleanly.

Among her various works Jean Anderson (a friend of a friend) has an excellent book for this type of cooking, "The Food of Portugal". I refer to it frequently. It might be hard to find now. But you could try Kitchen Arts and Letters or powells.com

Kristen provided a link to the book on Amazon. here it is again: http://www.amazon.com/Food-Portugal-Jean-Anderson/dp/0688134157?tag=food52-20

pierino, I also have the book; one of my favorites. So dog-eared I should get a new one. The pepper paste and also the green beans with garlic and cilantro are staples in our house. How nice to know you are friends with the author!