A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

0f57980d 71fd 4114 a143 a99722a878bf  2018 0118 quinoa kale crustless quiche 3x2 julia gartland 7281

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. how might you adapt for a lower fat recipe, is there something to substitute for the cream cheese, would use low fat cheese work??

asked by sheredel over 7 years ago

In the comments on the recipe, there's some talk of cheese options.

Hilarybee

There are two types of cheese in the recipe- cream cheese and white cheddar.

There are a lot of great low-fat white cheddar options. I like Cabot. As for the cream cheese, you can sub neufatchel, which is low fat cream cheese or just omit it. I use goat cheese in the recipe when I have it, and it is a lovely addition instead of the cream cheese. Some have tried it with feta- which I'm sure there will be plenty of low-fat options at the grocery store.