🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

0f57980d 71fd 4114 a143 a99722a878bf  2018 0118 quinoa kale crustless quiche 3x2 julia gartland 7281

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. how might you adapt for a lower fat recipe, is there something to substitute for the cream cheese, would use low fat cheese work??

asked by sheredel over 6 years ago

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

In the comments on the recipe, there's some talk of cheese options.

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

There are two types of cheese in the recipe- cream cheese and white cheddar.

There are a lot of great low-fat white cheddar options. I like Cabot. As for the cream cheese, you can sub neufatchel, which is low fat cream cheese or just omit it. I use goat cheese in the recipe when I have it, and it is a lovely addition instead of the cream cheese. Some have tried it with feta- which I'm sure there will be plenty of low-fat options at the grocery store.