A question about a recipe: Harvest Chicken Pot Pie

I have a question about the recipe "Harvest Chicken Pot Pie" from adamnsvetcooking.

Can it be made ahead of time, earlier in the day or the night before?

• Posted by: TCS
  • September 25, 2011
062bddd0 860a 457c 91b6 679e2068b980  photo 9
Recipe question for: Harvest Chicken Pot Pie

linchan77
linchan77 September 25, 2011

I think you could make the whole thing but not including the egg wash step and then freeze it. when you want to finish it just bake from frozen. Or make the filling and the crust and stash separately in the fridge for a day or two. roll out crust and assemble just before baking. I don't think i'd assemble it and then refridgerate for any length of time.

drbabs September 25, 2011

I've made it several times.... It's really great. If you want to prep it ahead, make the filling and the crust separately, but don't put it together til you're ready to bake it. Enjoy! It's a great recipe.

drbabs September 25, 2011