A question about a recipe: Buffalo Mozzarella with Balsamic Glazed Plums, Pine Nuts and Mint

2e8f6f4b fa0e 40cb abaf 14ae8b1ce39e  062210f 351

I have a question about the recipe "Buffalo Mozzarella with Balsamic Glazed Plums, Pine Nuts and Mint" from Brita.
" simmer until it is reduced nearly three-quarters in volume and thickened to a syrup. About 15 minutes"
Does this mean the volume is now 3/4 of the original 1.5 cups (~1.2 cups) or reduced by 3/4 of 1.5 (to ~.3 cups)? Sorry this didn't seem obvious to me, thanks.

asked by lynneR about 7 years ago

You want to have about 25% of the liquid you started with, approx 3/8 cups.

I interpret it as: you start with 1 1/2 cup vinegar reduce by 3/4 so you should have approx 3/4 cup reduced vinegar.

I'm standing by my math. 1/4 * 3/2 = 3/8

lynneR

Thank you for yourr answers, I'm pulling it off the stove now. lynneR.