🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cool Rise Challah

85b83600 c456 43e0 b4a2 9f22cdbfa804  challah finished loaves ss

I have a question about the recipe "Cool Rise Challah" from Bria.How much hot water /

asked by Leroy Feig over 6 years ago

1 1/3 cups. It's in the comments section below the recipe.

Thanks drbabs! We just updated the ingredients list on the recipe -- apologies for the delay.

I've been baking bread for more than 50 years, and I've come to the realization that the bread's going to rise (sometimes better!) with cool water. It's heat that kills the yeast, and if your water is too warm, your bread may not rise at all. I'd go with lukewarm water. Never "hot."