🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Ricotta and Chive Gnocchi

D6cfa3ba 05eb 4e4f 8367 492086c21c43  021610f52 352

I have a question about the recipe "Ricotta and Chive Gnocchi" from The Internet Cooking Princess. I love the look of these gnocchi. I saw this recipe a year ago, and asked about the size/weight of the potatoes. I never got an answer. Russets can vary so greatly in size. Can anyone who has successfully made this recipe, please let me know? Much thanks!

asked by bella s.f. about 6 years ago

B984bef7 9a3f 47a2 9fbd 9fab6af0cbfd  819252 4639064169392 823932286 o

I haven't made the recipe, but seeing as how no one has answered, I looked to several cookbooks and other recipes, and to Internet Cooking Princess' own website. There, she specifies "large" Russets. Other recipes using comparable amounts of eggs and flours use between 1.5 and 2 pounds of potatoes. I think if you get 3 half-pound potatoes (or slightly larger), that would be about right. Plus gnocchi is relatively forgiving and you can always add a little bit more ricotta or flour as necessary depending on texture.