🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Rustic Yellow Sugar Plum Cake with Almonds and Brandy (gluten free)

6421cb9f 57e0 42e5 8ec8 6b57905df942  yk2a

I have a question about the recipe "Rustic Yellow Sugar Plum Cake with Almonds and Brandy (gluten free)" from Sagegreen. Has anyone tried a version with apples or other more autumn-y flavors? Or have any recommendations for other seasonal gluten-free cakes?

asked about 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I definitely think you could use apples and/or pears in this cake. If you use apples, you might want to saute them in a little butter and sugar so they soften a little since the baking time is so short.

D6706402 eb96 499d a671 b2e90db25df9  bike2

I love the idea of pears with this! You might want to saute them with some cranberries, sugar and butter as well before baking.

9e7a1ad3 ce00 47c1 bbec de4fd0221de7  headshot2009

I made pear bread last week, and am now a huge fan of this fruit in everything! It is better to use them before they get too soft; they do soften up well as they bake. And pears with almonds are fabulous! I recently made a delicious pear tart with an almond meal crust and goat cheese filling that was a success.