🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Leek, Lemon, and Feta Quiche- Has anyone cooked this with whole milk or yogurt instead of the half/half? Thanks!

B4360f8e 8f6e 4657 a0c5 b87a9939afcb  020210f 0627

I have a question about the recipe "Leek, Lemon, and Feta Quiche" from Feeding the Saints (A. C. Parker).

asked by FoodieFara almost 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I haven't but I think whole milk would work. It won't be as rich, obviously, but otherwise I don't foresee a problem. Make sure to leave a comment about how it works if you go ahead with it.

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

I think whole milk would be fine. You could also combine about a tablespoon of yogurt to the milk, to make it creamier- that might compensate for the loss of fat.

04dcb1ca 416f 4b36 8e7e e9cf2d4d0b13  2009 11 28 phanouropita acp

Hi. I'm the recipe author. Yes, whole milk should be fine. This recipe is a variation on a basic quiche recipe that's been in our family for a while and that I've tinkered with on different occasions. I haven't done the Feta/Leek version with just milk, but other quiches have been lovely that way.

Personally, I would not recommend the yogurt, but that's only because I haven't tried it myself. If you try it, I'd be really glad to hear about the results.

Hope you enjoy the quiche, and thanks for giving it a whirl.
Regards,
Allison