🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Bread & Butter Pickles

Eb327915 5812 497a aa10 75a570557425  090109f 960

I have a question about the recipe "Bread & Butter Pickles " from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. I want to halve or quarter this recipe but I am looking for a rough estimate on how many cucumbers I will need for that since I don't know what a bushel is. Any ideas?

asked by melissav about 6 years ago

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

A bushel of cucumbers weighs approximately 48 pounds, so a peck (per the recipe) would be 12 pounds, so to cut the recipe in 1/2 go for 6 pounds.

2e76cf97 2d3d 429e a4b4 7be0bcf4c88d  headshot

Were these the pickles at Omnivore Books last night? I was just about to post a question asking which recipe those were - they were great!