🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pear and Nutella Tart with Maple Almond Brittle

D711afcf 92b9 44df 9674 270a71de8487  pear2

I have a question about the recipe "Pear and Nutella Tart with Maple Almond Brittle" from Bevi. I want to make this for Thanksgiving & my son's significant other just told me she is now gluten free ... do you think you could use all almond meal & no flour or would you recommend almond flour?

asked by susanb726 about 6 years ago

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

It is a great recipe; to make it gluten-free I would use an all-purpose gluten free flour such as Thomas Keller's Cup4Cup flour, available at Williams-Sonoma, or even brown rice flour! Key question: is the S. O. gluten-free by choice or because she has celiac disease, in which case much care must be taken in preparation of all thanksgiving dishes, from gravy to sides and of course the rolls!!

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

You can also use the crust I made for this recipe: http://www8.food52.com...

For the peach and blueberry tart I used almond meal only. The crust has a whole biscuit quality to it - but with the nutella spread over the crust and the sweetness of the pears and pear syrup, it would still be delicious.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Use the recipe search for other gluten free recipes. And a second on the question from wssmom -- for some people, even the least exposure to gluten could have serious consequences. For others there is fudge room; and others want to avoid gluten even when it is not medically required.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I third the gluten free - choice or necessity. A friend of mine who is gluten free by necessity will become very will for several weeks if exposed to any gluten in food. It makes going to restaurants very difficult.