A question about a recipe: Spicy Black Bean and Quinoa Salad

7680c776 bc96 4807 b7be ff0ab60d48c1  black bean quinoa salad

I have a question about the recipe "Spicy Black Bean and Quinoa Salad" from lastnightsdinner. (Sorry all--slow response time.) Does it have to be red quinoa? Please help me understand the differences between the quinoa varieties. I am using Earthy Delights Organic whole grain quinoa, and it is ivory...

asked by marynn almost 7 years ago

Quinoa is actually a seed (grains are technically seeds too but that's another discussion). There are subtle flavor differences between white, black, red etc. but I usually consider the color in terms of presentation. For example black quinoa looks quite handsome stuffed into a roasted red pepper. I like the red quite a bit but I wouldn't hesitate to substitute.