🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Steamed Brown Bread

A7729c3f 7cd0 4985 9457 415019a9e1d7  steamed brown bread two

I have a question about the recipe "Steamed Brown Bread" from thirschfeld. What other options can we use to bake it in? I love the can idea but most can linings have BPA in them and that is obviously unappealing. Eden organics bean cans don't have BPA but they're lined with something else that is probably kind of bad to heat in contact with the bread. Thoughts for alternate, non-toxic baking molds for this lovely recipe?

asked by Eve Fox almost 6 years ago

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I have used a recipe for Boston Brown Bread, the classic steamed 'native' bread, baked in the oven instead of steaming. Also, last I heard, the cans used by Eden Foods are BPA free (I'd check on that). Most recipes I see use a coffee can -- larger, and maybe because the contents are dry instead of wet, also free of BPA.

Sorry, didn't read the rest of your question first, about Eden. Maybe a phone call to them?

Thoughts are coming after 'add.' There are molds sold for steamed puddings.