🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Silken Comfort Tofu

F32c779f 7dc4 477b 8765 c925156ca2df  4302261125 5a4ae61f65 o

I have a question about the recipe "Silken Comfort Tofu" from Abra Bennett.
I'm not sure where to get the best quality silken tofu. Is it all the same? Can I just go to the supermarket and buy any brand?

asked by freshparsley almost 6 years ago

Ece90812 0903 49a8 8e35 aa86c774be22  dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

I have found that any organic, high quality brand is a great option -- any tofu lovers out there with favorites?

39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I'm not a tofu aficionado, but I've used Nasoya brand silken tofu and have liked it.

Fcb98a36 ce12 4c7d abfa ac3ee44ef68d  pears

Thanks. That was quick! I'm trying to expand options for my family - the men really love meat. They also love ethnic food. So this is helpful.

B24a4a33 955b 4a58 a21f d4496a87975f  img 20150625 111003
DP

I would also try an Asian (particularly Japanese or Korean) food store if you have any nearby.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Mori-Nu is probably the most widely available silken tofu. It is in aseptic packaging, so it is shelf stable and keeps for a long time. Nasoya is sold in dairy or specialty cases in the stores, and has to be kept refrigerated, with a fairly short date. Both companies have recipes on their web sites.

I see you are looking at a recipe here. I have one up using silken tofu: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Your meat eaters might be happier with firm and extra firm tofu, because it has more body, more texture. Here's one of my favorites: http://www.food52.com/recipes...