A question about a recipe: Silken Comfort Tofu

Bb43a9f2 3e55 42a7 948a 37e744921e85  2017 1221 silken comfort tofu 3x2 bobbi lin 5392

I have a question about the recipe "Silken Comfort Tofu" from Abra Bennett.
I'm not sure where to get the best quality silken tofu. Is it all the same? Can I just go to the supermarket and buy any brand?

asked by freshparsley about 7 years ago

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

I have found that any organic, high quality brand is a great option -- any tofu lovers out there with favorites?

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I'm not a tofu aficionado, but I've used Nasoya brand silken tofu and have liked it.

freshparsley

Thanks. That was quick! I'm trying to expand options for my family - the men really love meat. They also love ethnic food. So this is helpful.

DP
DP

I would also try an Asian (particularly Japanese or Korean) food store if you have any nearby.

Mori-Nu is probably the most widely available silken tofu. It is in aseptic packaging, so it is shelf stable and keeps for a long time. Nasoya is sold in dairy or specialty cases in the stores, and has to be kept refrigerated, with a fairly short date. Both companies have recipes on their web sites.

I see you are looking at a recipe here. I have one up using silken tofu: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Your meat eaters might be happier with firm and extra firm tofu, because it has more body, more texture. Here's one of my favorites: http://www.food52.com/recipes...