A question about a recipe: Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)

Ec3c1da0 82a5 4554 9acc 36dfd77f86af  2016 1028 judy bird bobbi lin 11189

I have a question about the recipe "Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)" from Genius Recipes. I was only barely able to remove the giblets from the neck area, but it was still too frozen to remove the neck fom the cavity, even after a long time under running water. I have put the unbrined turkey back in the fridge, any advice?

asked by Robin O'D almost 7 years ago

Thanks for the report -- how about going for the brining (even sprinkling some in the cavity too) and trying to pull out the neck later on in the process (either when you flip or at the end)? I don't think it will inhibit the brining too much being in there, since most of the salt works its way in from the outside.

Robin O'D

Thanks Kristen, should I worry that I will not be able to rinse out the cavity once the brine is on?

No, I wouldn't worry!

Robin O'D

Great, thanks.